Thursday, July 4, 2013

Coco Chanel Tribute Store in the Starplaza


The store made its first debut and release of the Coco Chanel "remembrance" tribute on today the 4th.

In a recent Stardoll email the collection was described as: Pay homage to one of the greatest fashion legends of all time with the Chanel Tribute. Elegant and glamorous, this is one collection that is unforgettable!

I am not sure that I can agree that it will be 'unforgettable' considering the whole collection is a basis of tube dresses and flats. Very few of the items are both elegant and glamorous. Stardoll seemed to fall short on another store and with the introduction of FEVER. Leaving stardollians truly satisfied with only a couple items from the collection. Besides the simple Tweed Coco Dress and the Pearl Chanel Flats I was not impressed by the rest. A few classic shapes and slapping on a Coco Chanel label do not do it justice.

The prices are also high for the indecent collection. I do realize Stardoll is a business and need to make money and "Tributes" are usually higher in price, but this I am not sure if I should splurge on anything. The prices range from 7 stardollars for a measly bangle to 40 stardollars for a half decent dress.

I would give it a 3 of 5 stars.

What do you think of this tribute?

xoxox Flowerpin

No comments:

Post a Comment